Sunday, January 26, 2014

strength

exhibit yourself   


   When the jagged rock is repeatedly hit against the cliff, it begins to smooth itself into a pebble. Unfortunately, the crashing and pounding makes the rock feel like it is losing parts of itself. Therefore, it is important to become solid like the rock, to smooth ourselves out, and to define our "cores" so that during our experiences, we hold onto that which is important.
   Strength is looking within oneself because that is the scariest place one can look. Strength is contemplating on our faults in a nearly futile attempt to redeem ourselves. Strength is daring to be ourselves at all times.
   I am not one person. I am a product of my environment, with varied personalities. Like water, I take the shape of my container- where I am. I turn the color of the clothes that are washed in me.
   Strength is having the courage to remain constant, solid, like a rock. I risk being broken, but I suddenly have so many more opportunities.
   How many museums dedicate exhibits to water?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment